Wednesday, November 29, 2006

OK, I'll say it...

Actually, I HAVE to say it. Those Left Behind books are for ignorant people. They are crap. It is offensive to me that anyone with any sense at all can think that a God who is greater than the entire universe would care what club or organization or religion we would belong to on this one planet. And to think that anyone is going to suffer because they don't profess to believe in one philosophy -- even worse, to be AFRAID that bad things will happen because of that -- is just incredibly offensive.

And, having said that, here am I, committed to Judaism, going with my mom and some friends to see Chimes of Christmas at the IU Auditorium next week! And I even bought the tickets! My mom is Christian and my dad died several years ago. So, I don't want her to feel lonely around the holidays. And I will enjoy the music.

A creature of conflicts, that's me, I guess! But while I may enjoy the music and the memories of my childhood, I have no conflict about what I think. I think that any group which uses fear to make people belong to it is bad.

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne, just found your blog. I have left Christianity and feel as if I have found my home in Judaism too. No formal conversion yet, but I know that will be in the future.

" I think that any group which uses fear to make people belong to it is bad. "

I just had to respond to your last sentence in this post and say I heartily agree. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home